7 Ways To Relax The Body and Mind
With almost a year passed working from home, you must have got used to the new normal. But, if you feel your mental health is worse than it was before due to the upside-down shift of your lifestyle, all thanks to the Pandemic, this one’s for you.
Here, we have mentioned ways to relax the body and calm the mind. With the work pressure higher than before, more screen timing, and fewer opportunities to travel to unwind or take a break, your nerves would be a little jangled. So, practice these for a better body and mental health.
- Have Green Tea: If you claim love for chai is greater than green tea, you might need to rethink. To mitigate the effects of stress on the body, one needs to ditch the regular chai and embrace the green tea. The benefits of L-Theanine in the green tea reduces the body’s stress response, and also the earthy colour has a soothing effect.
- Exercise and Meditate: One of the proven methods to stay healthy,physically and mentally. Before you clock to work, spend at least 15-20 minutes to exercise. Move your body to reduce the stiffness. Practice meditation and breathing exercises to calm the brain. Exercising will increase the flow of happy hormones in the brain. In between the work, when you feel stress overpowering you, take a few deep breaths.
- Take a chocolate break: Yes! Dark chocolate boosts your brain’s health and reduces stress because of the antioxidants and flavonoids. Dark chocolate is lower in sugar; hence good for the heart health as well. Take a chocolate break when you feel your body and mind is too worked up.
- Massage Your Hands: The constant tapping at your keyboard and scrolling through your phone builds tensions in hand. A five-minute hand massage will help relieve the stress in the fingers and hands. Flex your wrists, clench and release your fists, rub cream on your hands, etc. On weekends, you can take a rejuvenating spa or massage session.
- Splash Cold Water: Continuous staring on the screen is harmful to the eyes. It also makes your eyes feel tired. On regular intervals, splash cool water on the eyes to relax them. Cooling water is said to have energizing effects; therefore, calm your rising body temperature with cool water after a heated argument with your boss or partner.
- Smell Flowers: The sweet fragrance of flowers has a calming effect on the brain. Always have a bouquet of flowers in a vase on your table. Whenever, you feel anxious, just sniff and cool down. Then, in the evening, you could go for a stroll in the park because nature is therapeutic. This florist provides condolence flowers which comes with guaranteed flower delivery within 3 hours, otherwise it’s free!
- Play and Laugh: Laughing is the best therapy. Watch stand-up comedies, rom-com to shed off the tensions. You can have a hearty laugh with your friends. If you have a pet, play with them to instantly boost the mood.
Stress is a part of life, but constant tensions, anxiety, anger isn’t sustainable. Relax your body and mind with these tips or do anything that makes you feel happy and revitalized.