Air conditioning maintenance made easy
Even though it is chilly outside right now, it’s important you think ahead when it comes to home maintenance checks, especially your HVAC system. The last thing you want is to have a warm day and your air conditioner not work when you try to turn it on – though this is a common occurrence many HVAC techs see.
To avoid this from happening, you should contact your HVAC company in the last couple of months of winter and schedule your maintenance appointment. Regular maintenance for your HVAC unit should happen every 6 months or twice a year at a minimum.
During your bi-annual maintenance appointment, the ac repair technician will look for signs that parts are broken or not working. They’ll change your filter and clean your machine as well. All of these actions help keep your machine working in tip-top shape which saves you money on repairs later on.
There are a few things you can do at home on your own throughout the year. These include:
- Blowing off any debris or leaves that accumulate on the outside of your unit
- Make sure you put a protective barrier around the outside of your unit so rodents don’t make it their home
- Check for leaks around the unit
- Change the filter yourself
- Change the batteries on your thermostat
The benefits of getting air conditioning maintenance
- You save money on your energy bill when your unit works properly
- Your technician can offer energy-efficient suggestions
- The air in your home is cleaner
- You can have your ducts cleaned and inspected
- Your unit will run smoother which prolongs its lifespan