Deep Breathing and its Benefits – Some Useful Information
Deep breathing is one of the most ancient healing techniques, which can be used for different kinds of diseases. It has been proven scientifically that by using proper technique for deep breathing, you can control your blood sugar level, high blood pressure and also improve the immunity power of your body. You’d be surprised to know that there are certain deep breathing techniques, which also help you to reduce your weight. The history of deep breathing goes back to more than a thousand years and can be traced back to the ancient civilizations of India. The art of deep breathing is used even today. Are you suffering from shallow breathing problems? If that’s what has been bothering you, in that case, you can find a lot of relief, and even get it cured if you practice deep breathing regularly.
If you are wondering what are the different other kinds of health benefits that you can derive from deep breathing, in that case, you might find the following section to be useful.
How deep breathing can help your mental and physical well-being?
There are multiple different health benefits that deep breathing has to offer. Yet at some of them.
- Practicing deep breathing regularly can help you get relief from chronic diseases like asthma.
- If you are suffering from a migraine, in that case, deep breathing can prove to be very useful.
- Deep breathing is all about inhaling oxygen through the nose and exhaling carbon dioxide through your mouth. While do you do this, some important cells in your body get regulated, which help to trigger the feel-good hormone. If you are suffering from anxiety or stress, in that case, regular deep breathing can prove to be very useful.
- Those who are suffering from sleep deprivation can also benefit a lot by using deep breathing practices. The fact that it helps to calm your nerves down and sets your brain at rest, helps you get a sound sleep.
- Reducing inflammation is another major health benefit that deep breathing has in store for you. It has been proven that deep breathing can reduce the level of acidity in your body.
- The fact that you’re exhaling carbon dioxide, allows you to get rid of the toxic elements that are stored in your body. Therefore, deep breathing is very useful in detoxifying your body.
It needs to be mentioned in this regard that some proper postures and techniques need to be followed. However, with a little bit of practice, you can easily master yourself the art of deep breathing.
What is the right deep breathing technique??
When it comes to deep breathing, it is very important for you to ensure that you maintain a proper technique. Your posture plays an important role, however, apart from that, there are a couple of important areas which you need to look into. In the following section, you will be offered a brief insight into a few tips which could help you practise the correct deep breathing exercise.
- As mentioned, posture is very important. You need to sit with your spinal cord at an angle of 90 degrees.
- While breathing in, you need to use your nose with your mouth closed. Make sure to inhale slowly.
- While it’s exhaling the air, you need to use your mouth. Again, like inhaling, the process of exhaling should also be slow and steady.
These are the three major aspects that you need to look into while practicing deep breathing. It needs to be mentioned that you need to be focused, concentrating on your rhythm of breathing in and out.